Information on our more common service requests is listed below. If this doesn't give you the information you need, please contact the Registration Office.


Show All

T2202A Certificate or Bursary & Awards Tax Receipts

Authorization to Release Student Information

In compliance with FOIPPA, third parties, including law firms and employment agencies, that wish to obtain student records, should complete the Authorization to Release Student Information form and send it with payment to the Registration Office.

For more information on privacy and release of student information please refer to JIBC Privacy Statement

Official Student Transcript

Students who wish to obtain their Official Transcript should complete the Request for Official Transcript. Alternately, you can order your Official Transcript by phoning the Registration Office with your credit card ready.

A nominal fee of $5.56 (includes GST) is charged for each transcript ordered and paid for by the student. Same day transcript service is available for a fee of $27.86 (includes GST) (subject to availability of updated records). 

Unofficial Student Transcript

You can get your own unofficial transcripts for courses taken after April 1, 2015 on To get an unofficial transcript for courses taken prior to April 1, 2015, please complete the brief Help Request Form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Official transcripts are signed and sealed and need to be ordered through the Registration Office using the form on our website.

Name Change

If your name has been legally changed, please present - in person, by mail, or scanned email - the following supporting documentation, along with the Student Name Change Form, to the Registration Office:

  • A copy of your name change document (marriage certificate or legal name change document)
  • A piece of Government-issued ID in your new name such as driver’s license, passport, or other ID with a picture and signature.
  • If you cannot locate your name change document, we will accept two pieces of government-issued ID in your new name.

Change Contact Information

Changes in your contact information can be made online at myJIBC. Changes to your contact information are effective immediately.

If you prefer, you can contact the Registration Office and we can change your information for you.

Last updated February 21, 2018