Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

The Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202A) will be made available on February 28. The Justice Institute of British Columbia does not mail T2202As to students. Follow the steps below to view your T2202A information or print your official receipt.


Tuition Tax Receipt (T2202A) FAQs

Show All

What is a T2202A?

A T2202A is a Tuition and Enrolment Certificate. This form displays the eligible tuition and other fees paid during a tax year and the number of months a student was enrolled in part-time and/or full-time studies.

Are they mailed?

T2202A's are not mailed. They are available only through your myJIBC account.

Are all students eligible to receive a T2202A?

T2202As are not issued in the following situations:

  • The student has paid less than $100 in tuition and fees
  • Some programs, eg Taxi, are not eligible for T2202A. However, if the training was undertaken for work purposes you may be eligible to use your payment receipt for income tax purposes. Please check with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for details.
  • You may not be eligible if you were sponsored for your training.

When can I expect to receive my T2202A form?

T2202As will be provided online through your myJIBC account by the end of February.

Where do I find my T2202A tax receipt?

The information required for tax filing will be available at the end of February through your myJIBC account – see above for step by step instructions.

How do I obtain a copy of my T2202A for a previous tax year?

T2202As from 2015 forward can be downloaded from your myJIBC account.  For previous years, please email:

What if I don't have a myJIBC account or don't remember my username and password?

All JIBC students have a myJIBC account.
See myJIBC Help if you are having trouble logging in or contact

Why is the amount on my T2202A different from the amount I paid?

There are a few possible explanations:

  • One or more of the courses you took are not eligible. To receive a tax receipt, the course must be equal to a certain number of credits or hours.
  • Not all tuition and related fees are tax deductible. For a list of eligible fees, please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency.
  • Tuition fees for courses spanning one calendar year to the next are pro-rated to each applicable year.

If the points above do not apply to your situation and your tuition tax form still doesn't reflect the amount of tuition and fees you paid, email

How do I claim my Education and Textbook Tax Credits?

Effective January 1, 2017, the federal education and textbook tax credits were eliminated. This measure did not eliminate the tuition tax credit, and it does not affect the ability to carry forward unused education and textbook credit amounts from years prior to 2017. For information on this and other tax regulations, please refer to the CRA document Students and Income Tax.

How do I know if I am a qualifying student?

To be considered a full-time student, the following criteria must be met:

  • A qualifying education program is defined in the Income Tax Act as a program that lasts at least 3 consecutive weeks and requires a minimum of 10 hours of instruction or work in the program each week (not including study time). Instruction or work includes lectures, practical training and laboratory work.

To be considered a part-time student, the following criteria must be met:

  • A specified education program is defined in the Income Tax Act as a program that lasts at least 3 consecutive weeks and requires at least 12 hours of instruction each month.

The Canada Revenue Agency needs an explanation about my "Undeclared" program. What do I need to do?

Please contact to request a confirmation of enrolment. There is a nominal fee for this service.

After reading all the information on this website, I still have a question, whom should I contact?

Please email

Bursary & Awards Tax Receipts (T4A)

T4A's for 2017 will be mailed by February 28. For any other questions regarding your T4A, please contact the Financial Aid & Awards Office.

Changes for students from Ontario and Saskatchewan in 2017

Ontario will only allow eligible tuition fees paid for periods of enrolment before September 5, 2017, and education amounts for periods of enrolment before September 2017.

Saskatchewan will allow eligible tuition fees paid and education amounts only for periods of enrolment before July 2017.

If you require a letter with a breakdown of eligible tuition fees and months of full-time and part-time attendance please contact

Last updated February 13, 2018